Whether or not you are a gel polish gal seeking to elevate her nail recreation.
Or a traditional polish chick eager on tying a unique kind of manicure.
Reading: Can you do powder dip nails at home
(Maybe any individual who merely needs to interrupt the nail biting behavior?)
Both method, we have gathered all of the must-knows earlier than you dip into a brand new nail-pampering routine.
This information’s received the entire shebang for the dip nails noobs—the nice, the unhealthy, and the beautiful.
Let’s get began with the questions you have to be asking.
THE DIP DEETS
“What’s a dip powder manicure? And what’s so good about it anyway?”
Asking the vital questions. We dig that.
The brief reply: Dip powder mani is the candy spot between gel polish and acrylic nails. Some have known as it a “diet acrylic”.
The long-ish reply: Gel polish, dip powder, and acrylic nails belong to the identical household. However extra like cousins than sisters.
Wanna get sciencey for a bit? Right here we go…
– Gel is available in completely different varieties. It may be laborious and lengthening or delicate and strengthening. Laborious gel can NOT be eliminated utilizing the soak-off technique; delicate gel can. After which there’s gel polish. It’s utilized just like the traditional polish, however it nonetheless must be cured just like the laborious and delicate gel.
– Conventional acrylic is a compound of monomer liquid (normally ethyl methacrylate monomer) and polymer powder. You employ a brush to kind this combination right into a gel-like “bead”, apply it onto your nails, and form as desired.
– Now, dip powder is a type of acrylic powder you can pour over your nails. Or simply because the identify suggests, merely dip your whole nail into the powder. One other notable distinction between conventional acrylic nails and dip powder nails is the bonding agent. Dip Powder nails require nail adhesives and hardening brokers (in polish kind), whereas conventional acrylic nails entail monomer liquid.
Did we point out that dip powder is much more fine-grained than conventional acrylic powder? Yup! This permits for a silky-smooth utility.
And when utilized to your nails, dip powder is extra sturdy than gel and extra versatile than conventional acrylic. Yowza!
In case you wanna go all technical about it, here is a nifty chart for you.
Will the dip powder technique do harm to your pure nails?
In no way… except you will have zero persistence when it’s time to take away your dip nail polish and choose to pry it off your nails… which could rip layers of your precise nails. Ouch!
Achieved proper, eradicating a dip powder mani is fairly easy-breezy—with no nail-damaging scraping concerned!
Keep on with us, and we’ll discuss concerning the course of later.
THE SALON VS. DIY DEBATE
“So… can I do dip powder nails myself? Or should I go to a pro?”
Requested one other method:
Would you like essentially the most hygienic system to saving $1,000 a yr?
That will help you reply that thousand-dollar query, let’s have a look at how salon and at-home manicures stack up in opposition to one another.
If sooner or later you fell down the rabbit gap of googling details about dip powder, you have most likely seen some photos of fungus-infected nails. Eew! That’s why you might want to be hyperalert when having your dip powder nails accomplished at a salon.
Do they dip clients’ fingers in the identical jar as all people else?
Does the nail technician brush or pour the dip powder onto the nails—with out the powder mud getting sprinkled again to the identical jar?
Read more: Natural lip gloss base
These are the hygiene points that you must be mindful when searching for nail salons that supply dip powder manis.
If you do your individual dip nails at house, you do not run the danger of getting contaminated from contaminated dip powder utilized by dozens of different clients earlier than you.
With a DIY dip system, all you actually need is the proper at-home manicure station, and also you’re good to go.
No nervousness included!
Annual price for a median of 17 visits = $1,105
Annual price for a median of 30 manis per equipment = $70
Calculate the distinction and—Holy guacamole!— that is an entire lotta financial savings for salon-quality nails accomplished within the consolation of your individual casa.
Want we are saying extra?
THE DIP POWDER PROCESS
a.ok.a. Learn how to nail a dip mani 😉
Feeling excited to attempt on dip powder nails but?
Then we’ll hold this brief and tremendous candy, so you will not have to attend for much longer.
This is the nitty-gritty of making use of and eradicating dip powder.
HOW TO DO DIP NAILS
What you want:
– Cuticle pusher
– Nail buffer
– Nail file
– Liquid polishes: Bond, Base, Activator, and Sealer
– Acrylic powder: coloured and clear
– Mushy brush to take away extra powder
– Lint-free fabric
In a nutshell:
You prep your nails, cowl them with a bonder and base coat, and dip ’em into the acrylic colour powder. Apply one other coat of Base, dip yo’ nails into the acrylic clear powder, and put the ending touches with Activator and Sealer. Voila! Fairly, fairly nails that will not smudge and chip as quickly as you rise up out of your chair.
You are extra the visible kind? No worries, we gotchu.
Check out these easy-to-follow tutorials for freshmen (with photos).
– Learn how to apply a colour dip manicure
Also read: Simple everyday makeup looks
– Learn how to apply a dip french manicure
– Learn how to apply a neon tip dip manicure
– Learn how to apply a half-moon dip manicure
– Learn how to apply a matte dip manicure
If you wish to zoom forward to a extra superior, next-level nail look (you go, you!), you possibly can go for marble dip nails, ombre dip nails, multi-color damaging house dip nails, gradient dip nails, jade dip nails, and fake ideas dip nails.
In case you do not nail it the primary time, we promise, you may solely get higher at it.
Listed here are extra how-tos that can assist you out.
– The down-low on lifting, and the best way to cease it from ruining your mani
– Get most shine in your dip mani
– Cuticle Care 101: Learn how to care to your cuticles—the protected method
HOW TO REMOVE DIP NAILS
What you want:
– Pure acetone
– 180/100 course grit buffer or file
– Cuticle pusher
– Tin foil
This bears repeating: Do not peel off your dip powder manicure. Simply do not. Pinky swear?
You do not have to with the SUPER SAFE foil-wrap soak-off technique.
Buff it, wrap it, soak it, take away it. Straightforward peasy lemon squeezy!
It solely takes lower than an episode of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel earlier than you are prepared for brand new Insta-worthy dip nail colours. Ooh, the probabilities!
THE DIP DEBRIEF
And there you will have it.
Now you realize the deal about dip powder nails and different manicure choices.
You additionally realized what’s good about at-home periods and what to be careful for in salon visits.
You will have all of the tutorials you might want to usher you into your dip mani journey.
For a full third social gathering evaluation of DipWell’s system, click on right here!
Able to get began on *lastly* having long-lasting, much less time-consuming, and cheaper manicures?
Obtain this holy trifecta of your dream nails with an all-you-need dip powder starter equipment or build-your-own-bundle dip powder nail equipment.
Welcome to the world of dip nails! We will not wait to see you hit your #nailgoals.
HOT TIP: For an opportunity to be featured on our Instagram web page, share your expertise and manis with us. Tag @dipwellnails and use #DoYouDipWell.
Read more: Which toner to use after bleaching hair