See just how to make hair bows utilizing this simple as well as fast tutorial with hair bow stitching video clip consisted of. These diy hair bows are very easy to stitch as well as could well become your woman’s preferred hair devices!
If you liked my charming hair scrunchies (tutorial below) as well as these really felt bows that can likewise be developed into charming do it yourself hair devices, you’ll definitely like these also – scroll down as well as figure out even more (numerous dimensions consisted of)!
Reading: how to make a hair bow tutorial
This article might have associate web links. Many thanks for your assistance. If you like making bows, you’ll like these complimentary tasks, also:
- Just How To Make A No-Sew TUTU
- Do It Yourself Rest MASK (Super Cute!)
- Just How To Stitch An infinity headscarf (So soft!)
- Just How To Make Make-up Cleaner Pads (Go environment-friendly!)
- 4 complimentary scrunchie patterns – SUPER CUTE!
Back to hair bows: These diy hair bows are simple to make as well as are an ideal scrap breaking job! While you could intend to utilize your stitching maker if you would love to make them as promptly as feasible, these hair bows are an ideal hand-stitching job for youngsters, also.
By doing this of making hair bows is among my faves as well as it’s so flexible! Along with hair bows, you can make it as existing mattress toppers to embellish presents, and even content birthday celebration cards! As well as celebration invites!
Just How To Make Hair Bows
Hair Bow Making Video Clip
Read more: How to get ash out of blonde hair
As well as a shock: a genuine video clip tutorial, people! This time around, I have actually made a * genuine * video clip that’s not simply a slide show of images with directions! Took me greater than a day to find out just how to do that, yet I felt in one’s bones you’ll like me for that! So it’s below. – Kick back, kick back as well as delight in:
Currently, the tutorial in composing, also. Allow’s begin:
Products to Make Hair Bows
- material scraps (I utilized material from the Rhapsody as well as Linea collections – a follower of both!)
- matching string as well as needle or stitching maker
- sturdy string, needlework floss or thread
- safety and security pin for transforming
- flexible connections (or hairpin)
Do It Yourself Hair Bow Tutorial
- Cut 2 rectangular shapes, 8″ by 6″ (20 x 15cm) for the primary item as well as 3″ by 1 ¼” (7.5 x 3cm) for the facility item.
- Fold up the primary item right-sides-together lengthwise.
- Stitch making use of a quarter inch joint allocation (0.7 centimeters)
- Transform appropriate side out. You can connect a security pin to one end as well as overview the safety and security pin via to the opposite. Press with the joint focused.
- Fold up completions of journalism item in the direction of the back so completions will certainly have a minor overlap at the facility. I normally overlap them by ⅜” max, that’s up to one centimeter, to avoid unnecessary bulk.
- Stitch over the overlap area to stabilize the bow. It will make it easier to finish your bow.
- Next, grab the piece in the center, fold it accordion-style, then pinch it closed. (see the photo below) so you get a bow shape.
- Use heavy-duty thread (or yarn) and wrap it a few times around the pleated center, then tie it off. don’t cut the thread yet!
- Optional, but helpful step: Take the elastic and tie a few knots using the leftover heavy-duty thread (or yarn), attaching it loosely to the bow. This will make it easier to proceed.
- Take the other, narrow piece of fabric, turn under the two long edges and press to keep in place.
- Next wrap the center piece around the center pleats and the elastic tie, and stitch the ends in place using whipping stitch. Alternatively, glue closed and attach to hair clip if you prefer a hair clip bow to elastic.
What Is the Best Diy Hair Bow Size?
In short, limitless! I’ve tested a few bow sizes and decided to use my favorite bow dimensions in this tutorial. I’ve taken photos of a few different sizes I’ve made, you decide on your favorite. Nearly any rectangular or square size will work and everyone has their own preferences – this is part of what makes diy hair bows such an awesome crafting project!
And yes, every bow needs a baby bow! That’s why I’m adding baby bow measurements so you can make hair bows for little girls too!
How To Make a Small Hair Bow
Every little girl loves an adorable bow in her hair.
Using the dimensions from this tutorial, your finished bow size will be approx 4″ by 1 1/2″. Cut the fabric piece from step 1 in two, and you get two baby bows half the original size. Read on for sizing instructions.
Read more: 12 Cute & Smart Ponytails for School Girls
SIZES of bows in the above photo:
- top bow: main piece cut in half – 4 x 6 inch – finished bow 2 ½ x 1 ½ inch
- middle bow: main piece is a bit narrower – 8 x 5 inch – finished bow 4 x 1 ½ inch
- bottom bow (best for me) main piece – 8 x 6 inch – finished bow 4 x 2 inch
Use bright colored prints and make as many as you want. I hope you enjoy making and wearing them- I’m looking for ways to make even cuter hair bows using these hexies (aren’t they sweet!) 🙂 But that’s a story for some other time.
If you like this project then you may also like this felt bow tutorial I made a while ago – or this popular scrunchie tutorial (yes, they are back!).
This tutorial is part of the Sew a Softie blog tour, initiated by Trixie at azbeauty.top. So much fun! Make sure to pop over to my friend Lisa at @cucicucicoo and Havalah at @sisterswhat to see the fun softie they made yesterday and don’t forget to visit @barleyandbirch to see what tutorial Amanda has planned for us tomorrow.
Save For Later: